Proven by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanism to purchase real estate in the amount of minimum USD 250.000 provided that it is registered in the Title Deed Registry not to be sold for three years.
TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
People who bring industrial facilities to Turkey or provide or are thought to provide extraordinary services in scientific, technological, economic, social, sportive, cultural and artistic areas and for whom the related ministries have submitted justified offers. Foreigners and those who have residence permit in accordance with International Protection Law and Turquoise Card holders and their foreign spouses, underage or dependent children of them or their spouses, Foreign individuals who are deemed necessary to be granted Turkish Citizenship. Foreigners who are considered as immigrants can acquire Turkish citizenship exceptionally with the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers provided that such individuals does not constitute a drawback in terms of National Security and public order. On the other hand, foreigners who meet the following criteria shall be evaluated in that scope and they can apply for Turkish Citizenship exceptionally with the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers:
1. Proven by the Ministry of Economy to make fixed capital investment in the amount of minimum USD 500.000;
2. Proven by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanism to purchase real estate in the amount of minimum USD 250.000 provided that it is registered in the Title Deed Registry not to be sold for three years;
3. Proven by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security to provide employment for at least 50 people;
4. Proven by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency to deposit minimum USD 500.000 in banks operating in Turkey provided that such amount shall be kept in the banks for three years;
5. Proven by the Undersecreteriat of Treasury to purchase State debt instruments in the amount of minimum USD 500.000 provided that such instruments are kept for three years;
6. A regulation regarding the Turkish Citizenship Law was added to Article 20, which regulates the conditions for the exceptional acquisition of Turkish citizenship. It was also decided that citizenship rights should be provided for foreigners investing in capital market instruments and other investments. According to this, a share of real estate investment fund participation of at least 1.5 million dollars or foreign investors who hold a venture capital investment fund share and keep it for three years will be entitled to Turkish citizenship.
HOW CAN FOREIGNERS BE TURKISH CITIZEN?
Foreigners can acquire Turkish citizenship in two ways;
1- BY BIRTH; Turkish citizenship acquired by paternity or place of birth.
Turkish citizenship by paternity
Marital or extramarital child who was born in or outside Turkey from a Turkish citizen mother or father, is a Turkish citizen.
Place of birth
The child born in Turkey but cannot acquire citizenship of any country by birth depending on the foreign mother or father and the found child whose parents cannot be identified is a Turkish citizen as of birth.
2- SUBSEQUENT; it is the Turkish citizenship which was acquired by means of a Competent Authority’s decision, Exceptional case, Marriage, Adoption and right of choice.
Acquiring Turkish Citizenship by a Competent Authority’s Decision
Any adult foreigner who resided in Turkey for uninterrupted 5 years and who has the ability to distinguish can apply for Turkish Citizenship with the decision of a Competent Authority provided that he/she confirms that he/she has decided to settle in Turkey with his/her behaviours, does not have a diseases which may pose a danger to the public health, is able to speak Turkish adequately, has the income or job to make a living for himself/herself and any dependent people and does not constitute a drawback in terms of National Security and public order.
Turkish Citizenship by Marriage
Foreigners who have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years can apply for Turkish citizenship.
Acquiring Turkish Citizenship by Adoption
Underage child adopted by a Turkish citizen can acquire Turkish citizenship as of the decision date provided that there is no drawback in terms of national security and public order.
Acquiring Turkish Citizenship by Right of Choice
Children, who lost citizenship depending on their parents who cease to be a Turkish citizen by getting a permit, can acquire Turkish citizenship by using their right of choice within three years after they come of age.
Turkish Citizenship by Birth
The child who was born inside or outside of Republic of Turkey borders, and who was born from Turkish citizen mother or father is Turkish citizen. As place of birth, the child who was born in Turkey, but who can’t get citizenship of any country due to her/his father and mother, and whose mother and father can’t be detected, has Turkish citizenship beginning from the birth.
Turkish Citizenship by Naturalization
The competent authority is The Regulation of Turkish Citizenship and the citizenship approvals are made by Council of Ministers. The applications are made as through general, marriage, establishment of ancestral ties and exceptional applications.
Turkish Citizenship by Descent
According to the Turkish Law, acquiring Turkish citizenship by descent is not possible. But, if the inheritance is an immovable and has 250.000 USD value, exceptional citizenship application can be made providing to be added 3-year not selling guarantee on title records.
Turkish Citizenship and Military Status
If the person has completed his military services in his own country and if the person can certify it, he wil be exempt from military services in Turkey according to Turkish Law. The registration procedures for military service are conducted key to Article 2 of the Military Service Law No. 1111. According to this article of code, if the foreigners are 22 or over when they get accepted for Turkish citizenship, they will be exempt from military services in Turkey.
Restoration of Turkish Citizenship
People who lose Turkish citizenship by getting alienage permit and people who lost their citizenship depending on their parents who did not use their right of choice within three years can reacquire Turkish Citizenship by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers without considering the residency time in Turkey provided that there is no drawback in terms of national security.